Thursday, December 8, 2016

Review of And Every Morning

While this may be a short story, the message it brings is worth reading and will leave a lasting impression. 

"This is a story about memories and about letting go.  It's a love letter and a slow farewell between a man and his grandson, and between a dad and his boy."

I have enjoyed Fredrik Backman's books and this one may top them all.  It is a simple book to read but is about a topic that is complex and heartbreaking.  It is simply a novella about 3 generations and the struggle with life, love and losing those closest to us.   The way the short story is told will captivate your heart and engage you throughout the short story.  His writing has  a way of pulling on your heart strings and causing some emotional breakdowns while reading but at the same time he can make you laugh and smile to get you through these tough issues.   While this is a short story, it is full of so many different emotions and so much love that it is outstanding.      One of my favorite quotes from the book is, "My memories are running away from me, my love, like when you try to separate oil and water.  I'm constantly reading a book with a missing page, and it's always the most important one."

There is not a lot to say about his short story other than to simply read it.  I will leave you with one last quote.   "I know that the way home is getting longer and longer every morning.  But I loved you because your brain, your world, was always bigger than everyone else's.  There's still a lot of it left."

I did receive this book for an honest review.  

1 comment:

  1. Havent seen any updates from you...I'm hoping things are okay?!

    ReplyDelete