Friday, December 2, 2016

Tim Tebow - Shaken


"I'm grateful for the life experiences I've had - the good, the bad, and the ugly."

"But I'll say that in those places of doubt and even of darkness, I've realized that who I am has nothing to do with wins or losses, applause, or negative criticism." 

What an amazing young man.  He writes his story not for the world to know about him, but to know that he is a child of God.  "My foundation for who I am is grounded in my faith.  In a God who loves me.  In a God who gives me purpose.  In a God who sees the big picture.  In a God who always has a greater plan."

Tim Tebow has always stood for what he believes in through his ups and downs.   This book is a look into Tim's journey from being a Heisman Trophy winner to not being sure what to do when it's all taken away.  The story does not follow a timeline of his life but rather a journey to who has impacted him throughout his life.  Tim writes about different people from celebrities to patients that he has visited that have made a huge impact on his heart and inspired him to intercept his fears and give them to God instead of him carrying the weight.   He rises above his feelings and those around him and focuses on "Staying grounded in whose we are.   And choosing to do what's right."

Tim's story is an amazing read for the young and old, Christian and non-Christian.  I have heard him and his mother both speak at different conferences and while he is a celebrity in the eyes of many, he truly just wants to share his passion for Christ and live it out each day.   "But the more you make the choice to live above your feelings, to trust God instead of what you may be feel like doing, the stronger your faith becomes.  It's not about being perfect.  We will always be on a journey of growing closer to God."  He is so correct that we will never reach perfection on this side of Heaven, but the stronger our faith becomes the deeper our relationship with Christ will grow.  I love all the inspiration and  could quote from his book all day.   The encouragement to stay strong and grounded while life continues to battle around us or maybe life isn't going the direction we want and need to put our trust in God instead of ourselves.   "Who are you when storms come?" And they will come as long as we live on this earth.    So glad I received this book from Blogging with books for an honest review.  Totally enjoyed reading his journey and insight into life.  

"Even if I wrestle with internal feelings, I can hold on to God's truth.  I can flow north again.  I know He's got a plan for me, even when I don't know what it is or when it seems to look totally different that what I imagined."  

No comments:

Post a Comment