Monday, July 4, 2022

 

"If I leave this house, it will be in handcuffs." This is the first line of the book and the prologue had me intrigued. The more I read, I realized I could not put the book down till I knew how it ended.


Wow is all I can say about this thrilling and twister filled book by Freida McFadden. This was the first book I have read by this author and it will not be the last. Best words to describe this book, chaos, madhouse, mayhem, recognizable plot, predictable one minute and a wallop the next, suspenseful, entertaining, creepy, odd, disturbing, and unrealistic. All of these words make this a tantalizing suspenseful read.

Two unreliable characters point of view told but should there be 3? One spoiled rotten 9 year old or has her life been dealt poorly? We all have secrets? Is there such thing as a dream come true husband and home life? Maybe the unreliable characters are neurotic and crazy or possibly smarter than you think? Who is reliable? So many questions. You must read The Housemaid to find all the answers.

Thank you Bookouture and Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment