Sunday, July 10, 2022

 



Let me start with Megan Goldin is an auto read or listen to the audiobook author for me. I went into the book blind and really had no idea what the story was about. STAY AWAKE did not disappoint. Is it an unrealistic story with possibly and unreliable narrator? Yes but it works. Liv wakes up in a cab and has no idea where she is or where she is coming from. She goes to the last apartment she remembers living in with her roommate. However, she has suffered from memory loss and doesn't know why the words STAY AWAKE are written on her arm, yet she does feel as though something is wrong.

The story is told from Liv's point of view and Detective Darcy's. Darcy's narrator on the audiobook was my favorite. I could listen to her all day. Liv's took a little getting use to. The dual timeline was fantastic and the slow build of each chapter kept me listening and wanting more. I even liked that the plot left some holes in the story, it would my mind wonder and guess what was going to happen. The overall suspicious, skeptical and fearful characteristics worked and I totally enjoyed this psychological read!

Thank you Netgalley and Macmillan Audio for the opportunity to listen to and review this book with my honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment